Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Glimpses and Glimmers

Sometimes the light comes in through the cracks - just in glimpses and glimmers.  

Yesterday was... well... you know...

But at the end of the day I had some time to stop and reflect - and think back over the day and I realized that I had been hearing a "let go" message all day from several places - several people - in different ways. 

Sometimes when you stop fighting it, life flows a lot better.  Sometimes when you are in search of your authentic self, the search itself gets in the way. Sometimes it's best to just let life wrap itself around you and carry you.

A while ago, I taped a piece of a concert on some music channel on the TV- a song by Sheryl Crow. I don't know what was on Sheryl's mind when she wrote this song (with Bill Bottrell), but it's kind of a God-thing for me - and a very pretty melody.

ANYWAY... I played the song last night and the following lines kind of took on a different meaning for me than they had before...

"It seems like every time I try to make it right
 It all comes down on me"


And I found myself thinking (again)... that it's often the effort to "make it right" that makes it all crumble.  Sometimes the only thing that can make it right is to let go - surrender - one of those "let go and let God" deals. 

ANYWAY...

Here are the words to the song.  If you get a chance, find it on YouTube or something.  So nice!

I Shall Believe

Come to me now
And lay your hands over me
Even if it's a lie
Say it will be alright
And I shall believe

I'm broken in two
And I know you're on to me
That I only come home
When I'm so all alone
But I do believe

That not everything is gonna be the way
You think it ought to be
It seems like every time I try to make it right
It all comes down on me
Please say honestly you won't give up on me
And I shall believe
And I shall believe

Open the door
And show me your face tonight
I know it's true
No one heals me like you
And you hold the key

Never again
would I turn away from you
I'm so heavy tonight
But your love is alright
And I do believe

That not everything is gonna be the way
You think it ought to be
It seems like every time I try to make it right
It all comes down on me


Please say honestly
You won't give up on me
And I shall believe
I shall believe
And I shall believe

No comments: