Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Come Ride the Ferry With Me!

Chelsea and her friend, Kim are home from school for Easter Break (I told you already, right?) and we decided to head to the beach today to ride the Ferry - one of my favorite things to do!  Michael is off today, so I took a vacation day from work and off we went. 

Amy called last night to see if we'd mind if she and the boys followed us down.  MIND?????  I was DELIGHTED!  Amy and the boys coming along made a great day even better!  I'm "in" for more field trips - especially when it includes kids and grandkids!!!!

We had a REALLY nice day but the Ferry was pretty rocky due to the winds today.  After the Ferry ride, we headed up the NJ coast to Wildwood to check out the boardwalk pre-season.  You'll be glad to know it was still there!!!!

We hit an arcade or two (BRIEFLY) but the rides were closed. It was mainly just a nice walk in the sun on the boardwalk.  But one we all enjoyed!

The kids won stuffed animals in the arcade. I think Alex was the champ of the day.  Chelsea won a "Phillies" bear in a crane game. 

And of course, we all got an ice cream cone!

Amy took Matthew down to the water, but if you know Matthew you know that SOMEHOW if he went TO the water, he'd end up IN the water!  He was soaking wet with no place opened yet on the boardwalk to buy him new shorts.  Amy did find a shirt for him, but I think he rode home semi-naked.  Amy washed the sand off of his legs with bottled water that we had in the car and then told him that she hoped that we didn't get stopped by the police on the way home since Matthew was not exactly fully dressed.  His eyes were as big as pizzas at the thought of the policeman stopping them because he wasn't dressed.  Funny!

We called Greg on the way home to see if he could meet us at Mazzella's for dinner and he said that he could.  Wooohooooo!

We went home to regroup - Amy and the kids went home to redress Matthew and do whatever it is we all do when we go home for a half hour.  We don't need details - really we don't. 

And then on to Mazzella's for pizza and a wonderful end to a wonderful day!

P.S.  Did I mention that I got a ticket today in Lewes?  For speeding?  In front of my grandchildren?  Oh yeah!  I did!  The good news is that I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years soooooo I get to participate in some probation thing where I pay the fine but don't get points.  The bad part is that I have to get  a court date and go back to Lewes to pay the fine on that day.   Back to Lewes?  Badh news?  No... I don't think so. 

BUT.. I may have to ride the Ferry again!   Interested????

No comments: