Friday, August 14, 2009

Julie & Julia (The Movie)

5 Go's for this one!!!!

Michael and I saw "Julie and Julia" on Tuesday. We loved it!!! Meryl Streep definitely deserves an award of some kind! She was F*A*N*T*A*S*T*I*C!!!



And how cool is it that it was a blogger (on Blogspot, no less) who wrote one of the books that was the basis for the movie (Julia Child wrote the other one)! BLOGGERS rule!

We laughed out loud, it was so funny! After watching this movie, I wish I could have known Julia Child. She appeared to be an incredibly bright and pleasant person.

I have a mental dinner list of people that I find interesting and would love to spend a couple of hours with - as if they'd come - or as if I cook. I added Julie Child to my list on Tuesday. I know she died in 2004, but since she wouldn't come anyway, what the heck! She's on the list. Can't come - won't come - same end result. It's all just details!

Sooooo go see it! NOW!

4 comments:

ByLightOfMoon said...

I do plan to see this movie but I am NOT a cook. My Dear Husband cooks and I clean up the dishes and mess he makes. And he does make a mess!

These two actresses are wonderful I know and I will see how Julia really was! I also am excited. :-)

Thanks for my blog visit and comments. I love know what other folks think of what I say sometimes. I do need to wear that Magnolia Pearl outfit more often for what I paid for it. Maybe when it starts to get cooler, I can't wait!
Smiles, cyndi

jane said...

Hi Cyndi! Thanks for the visit! I lovvvvvvvve the movies! You HAVE to see this one! As far as cooking? At almost 61, I'm about "cooked out". I don't do a lot of cooking these days. And I LOVE it! :)

Gina said...

I must agree with your 5 GOS for this movie. Completely charming and delightful! Excellent acting, appealing characters. It is a wonderful movie. My only disappointment, after having decided that Julia Child must have been a lovely person, was that the real Julia was not completely charmed with Julie's attempt to cook her way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking!

jane said...

Gina... Like you, I was a little surprised at the REAL Julia. But... I'm glad to know. I think.

I thought Meryl (we're on a first name basis) was great in this, but after seeing The Blindside, I'm rooting (futilely) for Sandra Bullock for the Oscar.