Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dinner and a goat

Note: That's dinner AND a goat - not dinner WITH a goat. (Just clarifying)

Dinner last night with Richard and Kate at Red Robin. I got the best hug EVER from Kate. She was content to just stay on my lap and let me hold her. Color me melted! So sweet! I wasn't sure she was going to get off of my lap to eat - which would have been fine for me, too! I would have held her as long as she would have let me.

By the time we left, she was out of the huggy mood. I was lucky to get a quick squeeze on her way to the car. She was semi-obsessed with carrying her booster seat to the car BY HERSELF, so she was a little distracted. She had to give up the booster seat to give me a hug, so she was more than a little distracted. Tenacious... that's it. That's Kate.

Julie stayed for a little while, but she was meeting friends for dinner, so she had to leave before our dinner came. I'm glad for the time that Julie has with her friends, but we do miss her when she's not there.

Julie and her parents went to the Brandywine Zoo (here in Wilmington) last Friday and Julie had the cutest picture of Kate "chillin' with a goat" as Julie titled the picture.


I mean... really... c'mon! Cute or what????

Life IS good!

No comments: