Thursday, January 15, 2009

And the winner is...

... me!

Richard, Julie and Kate stopped tonight for a quick dinner on their way home from Kate's 2nd swimming lesson. Kate was FANTASTIC at her swimming lesson - pleasant - cooperative - willing to try - and no tears! No surprise, though. After all, she IS a perfect child!

When Richard took her coat off, she ran right into the kitchen to see me. I picked her up and held her and it was sweeeeeeeeet! She talks all the time -

"Cool down, Grammie. Needs to cool down" (about the chicken, steaming on the counter)

"Are you hungry" I asked her. She told me all about how hungry she was, what she had for lunch, and on and on and on.

"Dangerous!" She said, pointing to the switch for the garbage disposal. The last time they visited, her father told her that the switch was dangerous and she remembered. Brilliant, I tell you. Just brilliant!

And so it goes. She gives you information about anything and everything - and it makes me laugh. The things that she says that make me laugh EVERY time are...

"I'll get it." Followed immediately by "I got it." and then often repeated

Or when you ask her to do something... like... "Kate, would you hand that to Grammie?"

"Okay" she says to anything you ask her to do. It just cracks me up.

"Hey Kate. Close that door, please."

"Okay"

"Kate, do you want an m&m?"

"Okay."

"Kate... would you hand me that car, please?"

"Okay."

"Shake the car, Kate, and make it go."

"Okay."

And the "Okay" is always SO serious. She is precious!

No comments: