Monday, July 25, 2011

Did my car just put me in "Time Out"????

Between cars (did I mention that I sold my car?), I'm driving a Ford Focus that I rented from Enterprise. 

I thought the car was fine and that we were friends until I got to the bottom of my street and the radio shut off.  Then a message appeared on the dashboard that said "When you buckle your seatbelt, the radio will unmute."



ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

All right!  I know I should wear my seatbelt and now that I'm getting a new car that will not tolerate my independence, I will develop the habit of putting on my seat belt.  (I promise!)

BUT... to shut off the radio???  C'mon!  Beep at me!  Blink at me!  But DON'T shut off my radio!!!!

:::: deep breath ::::

Down the road I go with my seatbelt buckled - off to work, enjoying the radio.  Life is good.

When I left work in the afternoon, I got into the car, buckled my seatbelt (I learn quickly) and headed home.  About 5 minutes from home I received a call from a car dealer on my cellphone.  I picked up the cell phone... held it to my ear... and the radio stopped.

NOW the dashboard tells me... "Connect your Blue Tooth device and the radio will unmute".  Really???

Not... "Please connect your Blue Tooth device".  Not... "I love you.  Please connect your Blue Tooth device."

CONNECT YOUR BLUE TOOTH DEVICE!


 Pissed me off!  I mean it really did!!! I won't even tell you what words flashed through my mind, but I assure you that they were not nice OR kind (sorry, Gram). 

When I told Amy, she laughed and said that my car put my in "Time Out"!  That's exactly what it felt like!

Okay... so I have slight "authority" issues.  This car REALLY pushes my buttons!!!

The radio will unmute???

Really?

*sigh* 

I can hardly wait to take this control freak of a car back to Enterprise!!!!

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: