Thursday, May 28, 2009

Speecy Spicey Meatball

Ok... so I'm probably the only one who remembers the "Thatsa speecy spicy meatball" guy from the commercial. I have no idea what the commercial was, but I can still see the guy with the mustache and hear his voice. Not unusual that I enjoy my own jokes. It's been a pattern all my life. The residual of too much time alone as a kid, I guess. (There I go again. I'm FUNNY!)

ANYWAY... I made about a thousand meatballs yesterday in preparation for Julie, Richard and Kate (and anyone Chelsea might bring home) coming for dinner. I can remember (not so long ago) when I couldn't make meatballs because my hands would get numb and aaaaaaaaaaache!

ANYWAY (x2)... Julie and Kate arrived first - Richard coming shortly thereafter and we did have a meatball fiesta! They were able to stay almost 2 hours - HEAVENLY visit! The meatballs were good - the company, better.

The last time we were at Target, I saw the cutest "frog" sippy cup (is there a better name?) for Kate that I HAD to buy! She LOVED it! I was so glad. I could watch her forever! She's so smart and soooo much fun!

I can see, though, that it's time for new toys. She's really outgrown the things that are here. It's a good time of year for garage sales, flea markets and the like. Maybe Michael will load up my scooter for me and we can do a flea market for toy bargains (and then home for a bleach party of course). I think the Edgewood Hills garage sale is coming up soon. I could "scoot" around the neighborhood to find some treasures.

I'm already planning our next dinner! It was really fun!

1 comment:

Rich said...

thanks for having us! It was so nice to just come and visit and not feel rushed to leave because of baths, or swim lessons, etc.

Kate loves coming to play too - she still plays with the toys you have, she isn't picky :)

Julie says we are becoming the Partridge Family with all the guitars in the living room (it really does look like someone is coming to play a "livingroom" gig). I can come play the one song I know!!