Saturday, May 30, 2009

More time with Grammie...

... is a theme I definitely like!

We had pizza tonight with Greg, Amy, and the boys (and Chelsea and Kelly). We had a great time. Any time we go out to eat with grandkids, I try to position myself where I have access to as many of them as I can, but I usually don't do so well. Tonight, though, was a winner!

Alex was at the end of the table next to me. Gregory sat across from me, next to Greg. Matthew was a couple of people down, but you can't win 'em all! I can't believe how big they're getting.

Tomorrow is the play at Claymont Elementary (or is it Middle School?) where Gregory is a 5th grader. He's in the stage crew, in charge of the follow spot - no small responsibility! I think it's great that he got involved! Sometimes it's hard to find your niche in life, but you never find it if you don't jump in and try things! Great job, Gregory!

Matthew's graduation from pre-school is coming right up! Where does the time go? Amy and Greg will have one entering junior high and one entering kindergarten in the fall. Not that THEY'RE getting old or anything! (hahahahahahahahaha)

Actually, Amy looks better than ever and Greg is going to be one of those men who ages better than "well". And they say kids make you feel old! Pfffft!

Alex and I had a great time talking about plans for the summer and life in general. He has a KILLER smile and sure knows how to give a great hug! When we were leaving, he told Amy... "We need to spend more time with Grammie this summer." Brilliant child! BRILLIANT, I tell you!

I found myself volunteering to keep the "big kids" 2 days the week of June 8th. Maybe we'll take a day and go to Lewes, ride the ferry and go back up the Jersey side - maybe even stop in Wildwood for lunch at Mack's pizza. They keep telling me about Mack's pizza, but it hasn't been opened when I was there. Maybe one day we can play cards (Gregory's request) and then meet Richard for lunch.

Amy said that if I'm going to teach them to play cards, I should at least teach them to play Texas Hold 'Em so that they have a useful skill. I WISH! Maybe we'll have to have a family Texas Hold 'Em lesson this summer. Who's in????

ANYWAY... it's been a great week - busy - lots of family. MY kind of week!

Life is good!

2 comments:

Rich said...

I'm in for Texas hold Em :) I'll teach you all how to play, but I'm not giving you ALL my secrets!!

jane said...

We'll settle for half! :) THANX!!!