Monday, September 10, 2007

Ride 'em cowboy!

Bryce's birthday party was on Sunday in Middletown. Two-year-olds don't always have a lot of fun at their birthday party - so much confusion - so many "traditions" - so many people. But Bryce had a BLAST at his own birthday party. I was amazed at how much he understood about the whole "birthday party" concept.

He could hardly wait to blow out the candles on his cake. And after he successfully completed that task, he just grinned - so pleased with himself.

The menu? Hot dogs rolled in crescents (TERRIFIC!), chicken, macaroni & cheese, applesauce (in little containers), a veggie tray, cheese and crackers, cupcakes, cookies, ice cream dixie cups - more than we could all eat in THREE days! Scott and Crystal are great at throwing parties! They work so hard - and it pays off. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time - especially Bryce!

I got him a rocking horse which he promptly named Penny after a horse in one of his favorite movies. I don't usually know what to get the kids. They have so much - and I often feel old and out of touch. But this one was easy! Bryce is in L*O*V*E with horses at the moment. It was fun to buy something I knew he'd like.

All the kids and THEIR kids were there. What could be better? I always love seeing Gregory, Alex and Matthew. And Kate was sooooooo cute in her Eagle's cheerleading outfit. Unfortunately, it didn't help - they lost. But who cared about the Eagles when we had such a cute cheerleader to watch. :)

Speaking of cheerleaders, Bella was named captain of her cheerleading squad. Kudos to Bella. She did a couple cheers for Julie. It was easy to see why she's captain! She is really growing up! So pretty! So sweet! I LOVE making jewelry for Bella because she enjoys wearing it so much!

Michael had to work and wasn't able to go to the party. He was missed.

My father drove to my house from Levittown and then rode to Scott and Crystal's house with me. It was a nice day. We had a good trip - pleasant conversation. I was glad he was able to come.

All in all - a terrific day!

No comments: