Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

We had breakfast at Friendly's this morning - the whole gang. Even Michael was able to come. I couldn't have had a better birthday present than to have them all together in one place!!!

Part of facing your own mortality is living fully in the special moments. This morning I lived fully in the moment!

It was Kate's nap time, but Richard and Julie brought her anyway. The sacrifice was not lost on me. I SO appreciated all of them being there! Julie is so good to me, sometimes it makes me cry.

Kate is saying "uh oh" (kind of) and she just started pulling herself up. At this age, it seems like every day brings some new achievement.

Bryce was all decked out in Nike wrist bands (like P.J. and Anthony) - his hair moussed - darling! He really could be a model. He's adorable AND he loves the camera! He asked Crystal if "Mike" would be there. Crystal asked "Who is Mike?". Bryce answered, "You know - the Mike that comes with Grammie." Mike? How funny! Michael usually doesn't like to be called Mike, but being called Mike by Bryce was okay!! So now.... Mike, it is!

Gregory, Alex and Matthew always keep Greg and Amy busy - 3 kids is a full-time job in itself. They are getting SO big!

Matthew brought Michael and I a "treat" - a lollipop - from home - just for us. What a sweetie!!

Alex did a great job keeping an eye on Bryce. Alex is such a tender child. And he has an inquisitive mind that I love. So special!

Gregory is doing well - reading 300-400 pages a week. I was lucky enough to sit across the table from him at breakfast. Conversations with Gregory are always a delight!

Greg & Amy, Scott & Crystal, Richard & Julie - are my heart - my joy - my delight. I am so very blessed!

Happy birthday to me!

No comments: