Thursday, August 30, 2007

Life is not just good - it's fantastic!

Where to start! Where to start!

Okay, I'll start with last night! Michael and I were out getting cheese (for the meatball sandwiches we had last night for dinner) and picking up my latest round of meds when I got THE call from Scott. He and Bryce were on their way home from Mom-Mom's house and wanted to stop by. I was SO excited at the possibility of seeing both Scott AND Bryce! Wooohoooo!

Michael was in the grocery store, but as soon as he came out, we hurried home to find Scott and Bryce in the driveway! FANTASTIC!

Scott looks great. And the smile on his face when he looks at his son is indescribable (and wonderful for a mother's heart). I love seeing him so happy. The only thing that would have made tonight better would be if Crystal could have come. I don't see them often enough and I do miss them.

Bryce is talking up a storm. It's hard to believe he'll be 2 in another week. At the moment, he's in love with horses. He doesn't want to touch them - or ride them. He just likes to look at them. Apparently Mom-Mom (Crystal's grandmother) takes him to the state and county parks to see the horses - and he LOVES them!

What a sweet, sweet child!


And the other news for today? The arrival of... Bubba!!!!


Bubba is a "Jug" - part Jack Russell and part Pug. He's 8 weeks old and weighs about 3 pounds. What a face! And one white foot. How cute is THAT?

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet. He just arrived at his new home last night. Greg said that all seven of them went to get him. I can't help but smile at the picture in my mind of that whole crew "puppy shopping". :)

Matthew's 3rd birthday is today, but his party will be on Sunday. That will probably be my first chance to "meet the pet".

I especially love birthday parties because it's a chance to see the whole gang together! That experience is chicken soup for the mother's soul. But you'll never find it in a chicken soup book 'cause there are just no words for that kind of joy.
Well, I guess that since I don't have a puppy to play with, I'd better get back to work.

See ya'!

No comments: