Friday, May 11, 2012

Bronze Radio Return with Greg, Gregory and Alex

For Christmas, I gave Gregory and Alex (and Greg) a night at World Cafe Live to see Bronze Radio Return with Michael and me.  (One of our favorite bands!)


 They agreed graciously and they were sold on the idea of a concert, but I'm not so sure they were sold on the band or the small venue.

We got there in time for soundcheck...


...and dinner (notice the look of excitement on everyone's face.  I think this is called "humor the old girl")

Alex and Greg
Gregory and Alex
But when the band started to play, it was a whole different story...


This band rocks!

(By the way... you can find Bronze Radio Return on Pandora Radio)


It didn't take long for Greg and Alex to move to an adjacent table at the edge of the stage, right in front of the drummer (Alex is taking drum lessons and is doing GREAT)


Within 10 minutes, Gregory screamed at me across the table (Did I mention that this band is LOUD?)...
"They're awesome!!!!!!"


According to Gregory's Facebook page, this was absolutely the best concert he had ever been to!


If there were 50 people there, I would be surprised.  Wilmington is just not "with it" yet - as far as Bronze Radio Return. Next time will be a different story!


On Friday, they are at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia and the concert is totally sold out!  Michael and I are able to go, but it was too late to get tickets for Gregory and Alex and Greg.  We'll be ready next time!


It was a great evening!  SO much fun to share something that I love so much with my family.  And to have them love it?  A bonus!

Standing outside after the concert, waiting for Michael to bring the car, Gregory laughed and said to me, "This is something I never thought I'd do - go to a rock concert with my Grammie!"

Live and learn, kiddo! 

Life IS good!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I LOVE that you took Greg and two of his sons to this concert and they ended up LOVING the band!!!!