Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Favorites * Plunka-plunka-plunka-plunk

I'm a musician only in my mind.  My fingers don't do so well, but that doesn't stop me. Even lack of talent has not deterred me.  I keep trying (and trying.... and trying... you get the idea)

I have several guitars so I can't hardly blame the guitar for my troubles.  It's gotta be me.

In my head, I hear this beautiful (or slammin'.. or funky... or rockin'... depends on the day) music, but when I pick up the guitar all I hear is plunka plunka plunka plunk.

ANYWAY... I do have a couple of favorite guitars, but Michael gave me this one (as he has all of the others) and I love it!!!  I love the sound; the tone - I love the size.


It's a Taylor GS Mini with a laminate back and sides and a Sitka spruce top. It's not as small as a Baby Taylor or a Martin LX-1 or LX-M. I guess you would say it's about 7/8 size. Since I have stumpy short arms (and spine "issues"), it's a great size for me.

You know the bird I told you about last Friday? Well, this is the guitar that I keep in the room with the Bonnie Bluebird. It's a great room for playing the guitar. I think the music sounds better with the lights dim and the house quiet. (and no... it's not better with ear plugs)

I thought maybe I was too old to start playing the guitar BUT... I'm going to be the same age whether I play the guitar or not so... what the heck!  Maybe some day I'll be good enough to play it in front of someone.  (Pray it's not you!)

I think one of the things that makes this one of my favorites is that it represents life to me - that life is meant to be lived - that there is always something new to learn - that there is always hope.

What have you learned lately... or what would you like to learn?

Enjoy your weekend!

Friday Favorites - This is where it all started.

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: