Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cowboy Junkies

We are hooked on the Junkies!  Michael is more hooked than I am, though.  They are... as Randy Jackson says... "a little sleepy for me, Dawg". 

But... no matter what... you have to love Margo - her voice - her "Margo-essence" (new word).

It starts with the flowers and the table with the black cover.  If Margo's coming... there will be flowers. 


And then... Michael and Margo Timmons (not sure I could work with my brother for so many years) come on stage.  The rest of the band follows and after a huge greeting from the audience... quiet settles over the house like a fog and the concert begins.

Michael says Margo never changes.  My friend Joe and a friend of his met us at the Keswick.  He's another Margo fan (Personally, I think they're both obsessed - not that I'm envious in the least.  Nossir!).  "She's ageless", Michael says.  Joe just stares.

C'mon! Not be catty or anything, but the reason we don't have very many pictures is that the doggone stage is almost black - very little lighting.  I mean really.  In the dark, I'm ageless too!


 Okay... so she's gorgeous!  Doesn't matter if it's in the dark OR the light!  She just is. And sing?  Amazing!


With a wave and a bow... they said farewell until next time....


It was another great night at the Keswick and another great night with the Cowboy Junkies.

Oh!  I forgot to mention that the opening act was Joe Purdy (who performed WITH the lights on.)


* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: