Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Favorites * Open Wide and Say "Aaaaaaaah"!

Friday Favorites - Every Friday I'm posting a "favorite" thing.  Follow the Friday Favorites link to find out more about what and why.
 
* * * * * * * * * * *

Michael and I recycle.  We had this big, brown, ugly, round thing in our kitchen where we put our recyclables before they went out to the Big Receptacle in the Garage.  It was ugly. REALLY ugly.  Plus, it looked like we kept a pile of trash in the middle of the kitchen.  Not attractive!

SO... I wanted a stainless steel trash can with a lid  - for the recyclables.  I mean... it's still a trash can but it's not so gross looking.  But... they are so doggone expensive!!

I am an online shopper for the most part.  The mall gets a visit from me a couple times a year, but mainly the UPS man and I are best buds. There are a lot of benefits to online shopping, some of which I previously overlooked (O, but not any more!).

Looking around online a couple of weeks ago, I got a wonderful surprise.  I have had "Cash Back" rewards at Overstock (one of my other favorites - maybe we'll visit there some Friday).  I knew I got 5% cash back at Overstock, but I was in such a shopping frenzy before Christmas that I just shopped... cash back be damned.  That was NOT in my view finder. Silly me!  Lesson learned!

ANYWAY... on one hand there was my Cash Back reward - on the other, a shiny stainless steel (and black plastic) trash can on sale... calling my name.  I mean it!  I could hear it.

I had no choice!  I bought the trash can with my Cash Back credit.  I didn't read a lot about it.  It looked big enough. It had a lid.  It was mostly stainless steel.  I was pumped!   Color it "sold"!

The trash can arrived and Michael promptly put the thing together using 2 sets of blue prints, 3 schematic diagrams, a tool box and a couple of batteries (everything needs a couple of batteries).  That may be a slight exaggeration but not by much.  (I mean it even has an activated charcoal filter!)

Looks normal enough....



BUT....  if you get anywhere near the thing...

Say "Ahhhhhhh"

... the lid flies open - FLIES open, I tell you!

I swear it laughs at me (almost as much as it makes me laugh).

Reach for something on the table... the lid flies open.

Turn the light on coming into the kitchen... the lid flies open.

Pick something up on the floor next to the dear thing... the lid flies open.

And then I laugh.

And laugh.

I swear it seems to have a life of its own.  

The UPS man had better watch out.  I'm in love with this trash can!!

Have you ever had a relationship (or a run in) with a trash can???

Happy Friday!!!

Friday Favorites - This is where it all started.

* * * * * * * * * * *


No comments: