Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Favorites * Bluebird of Happiness

Okay... so I know this isn't THE Bluebird of Happiness, but she is my bluebird of happiness (my life is kind of lower case, if you know that I mean).  Her name is Bonnie (Scottish for beautiful? Get it?).

I found this little bird a couple of years ago on Etsy in a shop called TrashBirdMakes - made by a woman named Nicah and I fell in love with it!.


Bonnie is not fancy.  She's not finished with great detail - but she's very special. (Duh!  Obviously!)

Since Bonnie came to live with me, I've been back to Nicah for several more bluebirds to give as gifts.  Everyone I've given one to seems to love it as much as I do (or they lie well).

It's just one of those things that makes me smile.  Who wouldn't want a Bonnie Bluebird?  Really!

At the moment, Bonnie lives in my guest room - on the nightstand beside the bed next to a green glass lamp.  I keep a guitar in that room (Thank you, Michael) and so I stop by to visit Bonnie a couple of times a week and play for her (She never never complains!  Oh! The joy of inanimate objects!). 


SO!  if you like to sing and everyone leaves the room when you do - or if, like me, you play an instrument but you suck at it, you need a friend like Bonnie to be your captive audience.  OR... if you just need something to make you smile... a bird like this would be just perfect!

 
I've sent a convo to Nicah (that's what we Etsians call it - a convo) to see how she is and if she's still making birds.  Her shop is pretty bare, but I'm hoping to find that she's still making the beautiful birds that filled her shop when I bought Bonnie and...  (Oh yes!  I have another bird... but we'll save that for another Friday/)

Do you have something that makes you smile when you look at it?  Do you suck at something and want a non-critical audience?  Tell me, please!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Friday Favorites - This is where it all started

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: