Friday, January 27, 2012

#1 Reason NOT to carry a vintage purse...



A.  You are more vintage than the purse.
B.  You can actually remember purses just like that one
C.  Someone walks up to you and says...
                "Wow!  I can't believe you still have that purse!"

D.  Your daughter-in-law gives you a beautiful NEW Coach purse for Christmas
E.  All of the above.

Vintage purses for 25-year-olds are cool.  Vintage purses for 35-year-olds are chic.  Vintage purses for those over 60 are well... let's just say... not a great idea.

I mean... it's a great purse - super condition - perfect size - lots of fantastic compartments - beautiful leather - a great example of 50s style.  Definitely vintage! As of today, though, it's not just a part of history; it IS history!  So long, vintage purse!

This is the new me - stylish (in spite of my flip flops) - modern - trendy.  So NOW!  And best of all... it's red!


Now that I look at the two together, I wonder where my mind was the day I bought the vintage purse.  I'm not 25.  I'm not 35.  I'm not even 45.  I'm 63.  There is NO way I should be carrying a vintage purse. I'm way too vintage myself!

So... thank you, Amy!  Thank you for dragging me out of the 50s and back into the new millenium  and giving me a beautiful, beautiful purse and some je ne sais quoi.  (See how sophisticated I am now?  I'm telling you. The purse make all the difference!)

 Anyone want to buy a wonderful vintage purse????

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: