Monday, November 1, 2010

Hi Ho Cherry-O

It was game day with Bryce today and as always, he amazed me!

I love to play board games and card games and so, apparently, does Bryce.  We played one game after another all afternoon yesterday.  What fun!

AND... every game had all of the pieces.  True! 

Do you know how many of those little cherries there are in the Hi Ho Cherry-O game?  I think there are 4 colors - 10 cherries of each color - 40 cherries.  They must give you a couple extra, because Bryce not only had ALL of the pieces, he had extras. 

Scott said that Bryce loves games and so he and Crystal taught Bryce that if he wanted MORE games, then he had to take care of the games he had.  If he doesn't take care of what he has, he will not get more.  Ahhhh!  The joys of common sense!  (and standing by what you say - which is sometimes hard - and which was never my strong suit)

We laughed SO hard - talked trash to one another - and had a wonderful afternoon.  At one point we went outside to see how Scott was doing (he was installing a new scooter lift on my car) and Bryce grabbed a soccer ball and proceeded to play a make-believe soccer game.  I got to be the announcer, which was fun and made me laugh. 

Bryce would whisper to me... "announce that I'm coming into the game".. and I would announce... "Now entering the game is Bryce.  His team is down by 2 goals with less than a minute in the game.  CAN Bryce score the goals his team needs to win????"

And so Bryce would run and kick and at one point he whispered again to me "count the seconds down, Grammie"... which of course, I did - with delight.

I called a "time out" and Bryce came and sat next to me on the porch.  We decided to go in for a while and I headed toward the door.  Bryce ran out into the yard and grabbed his soccer ball to take inside.  Impressive!

I hope we can spend another afternoon together soon.  SOOOO much fun!

No comments: