Friday, April 20, 2012

It's a hit!

Kate is playing softball this year for the first time.  T-Ball softball.  She's #10

Monday we had a record setting day - 89 degrees and Kate had a game so I loaded up the ol' scooter and off I went.  That was one of the best decisions I've made in a while.  I couldn't stop smiling.

  Getting ready...
Kate "roped" one at this at-bat!

Thanks, of course, to the patience and direction of her coach/father.  (Who said they can't mix??)

 Yea! Coach!

T-Ball softball consists of a lonnnnnnng time at bat (and a whole lot of bench time) and a lonnnnnnng time in the field.  Everyone hits.  Everyone fields.  2 innings.  So funny!  Score?  Who knows! (Who cares?)

She's too cute - even on the bench. Do you love the "hats"?  Just right for ponytails!

T-Ball softball is pretty slow, so I was easily distracted by Brynn who never stopped moving the whole time we were there.
Brynn ran this way (with a soft pretzel)...

And then Brynn ran that way (the shirt is great!)...

She sat on the bench...

And made a new friend...

And when she caught me taking pictures, she even stopped a second to pose.

The problem with softball games is that I spent the afternoon looking at Kate's back - on the bench - on the plate.  BUT... I did manage a couple of pictures from the front.


I thought this one was too good to pass up...
Kate makes those papers tidy!
And this one of Brynn the blur...

She ran by me so fast, all I got was her blonde curls.

The game was all about Kate, but in the end.... 

Sisters!

No comments: