Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rainwater - Sandra Brown



I loved the book.  I hated the book.  I loved the book.  I hated the book.

In the first couple of pages I discovered a single mom running a boardinghouse, her son who appears to be severely mentally handicapped, and a boarder who is dieing.  The setting is depression-era Texas.  I should have put the book down.  "Step away from the book."

I'm a fan of the "happy book" and this was obviously not a "happy book".  BUT... it was not a depressing book.  Go figure.

This was a very meaty book (no pun intended) with - an insight into the time period - a rotten villain - a strong hero - lots of great stuff.

Within 10 pages I was hooked.  It was a typically predictable romance novel with some typically predictable elements, but.. so what, ya' know???

I loved it! (I hated it!)  *sigh*

It's a quick read.  I recommend it and give it 3 "Good Reads".

No comments: